The Windsor Bar & Restaurant, on the corner of Dublin Street and Vincent Avenue has been in the hands of James McGeough for over 20 years and is run by the members of his family and a staff of 60 full and part-time workers. The McGeough's bought what is now the Windsor in 1984 and following two years of renovations the pub opened in 1986.
The building itself dates back to 1893 when it was built by the McArdle Moore Brewery in Dundalk. Twenty years ago it was a small bar and grocery store owned by three Lennon sisters. Vincent Avenue was previously known as Windsor Avenue from which the premises took it's rather regal title.
In 1998, two years after the Windsor opened under the McGeough name the Windsor began to serve daily lunches. In 1999, the food service was developed further resulting in the building and opening of a full a la carte restaurant upstairs which caters for over a hundred people.